Thursday, September 2, 2010

A good deed...pass it on

I am a big proponent of doing good deeds. I sometimes stop to help people in broken down cars if they look in distress....I have jump started any number of vehicles for people, returned lost pets, taken food to sick and injured, spend a whole lot of years in a rescue squad. I was a woman firefighter when that number was...well let's say...really small.

When I help people though, I particularly like it if it can be anonymously. I prefer it that way. IF I am doing a good pet deed, that's different...

today I was in walmart getting some groceries and hitting up the redbox for my $1.00 movie when I heard a cell phone ring. I found the cell phone and answered it. It was the owner desperately trying to locate her phone. (High School student by the sounds of things). I took it to courtesy and let them know the owner would be in for it. I then returned to redbox to realize that I had completed my transaction and was distracted by the phone and had not fetched my movie out of the machine....crap...
concerned that it had been absconded with and I was on the hook for a $25.00 charge, I called Redbox. Fortunatly because I didn't remove the movie from the machine in a timely fashion, it was sucked back in and all I had to do was rerent it...

SO, while doing good deeds, it is important not to get distracted from the project at hand....

now go out there and do a good deed for someone today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment