Saturday, August 21, 2010

religion

Almost every time I read the news online or I turn on a new channel I hear about religion.

Religions interest me, in a scientific type way. They also interest me in a psychological type way.
There is no other topic on the plant that draws people to it like moths to flame. More lives have been lost in the name of religion then for any other reason. Yet it is not necessarily a tangible concept. In today's terms, you might even call it "virtual".

That is one of the things that make it interesting to me.

A recent religious debate has occurred over the building of the mosque in NYC...
Now on first blush with the news media, you would think that this mosque was being built right on the spot where the world trade center towers stood.
Further digging into the topic however reveals that indeed that is not the case. It's actually about 2 blocks away.
So ...

well here's the thing....I personally think that if people are going to spend the time and energy getting worked up about this, then they should be MORE worked up about that fact that the memorial still is waiting to be built...9 years later..

should there be a mosque in NYC???
I don't really give a damn...I think that the purpose of all of it is to take the attention away from more important things...like the deal with Russia and Iran and the nuclear programs/waste.
Or the unemployment rate that is sky high despite the billions and absurd billions of dollars in stimulus money.
the fact that the government is stealing away your Constitutional rights every single day.
the fact that the politicians in office are no longer representing the people of this country.

Believe me, there are way more obscene and ridiculous and important things then if the mosque should be build 2 blocks from ground zero, near McDonald's, burger king, and gentlemen's club and a pharmacy.

more on religion to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment